An Outline Of VAT Exemption
Many of our customers are not required to pay VAT on the goods or services they purchase from us. This is due to the government exemption scheme which in simple terms allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy items which are eligible at 0% rather than 20% VAT. This of course saves you money.
To be eligible to claim relief from VAT the government says you must fit the following criteria:
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- With a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities; with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
In order to receive VAT exemption on an eligible purchase, you must make a simple declaration about your disability at the time you buy.
Claiming VAT relief is not difficult or complicated, we do all the work for you.
All we need is to know your name, address and what your sickness or disability is. Don’t worry we don’t need a doctor’s letter or anything of that nature, your personal declaration is sufficient.
There are many products that qualify for VAT relief which are available from Clark & Partners…just enquire about
- Vertical Lifts
- Medical appliances to help with severe injuries
- Building work like ramps, widening doors, installing a lift or toilet
Please be aware that:-
- It is not Clark & Partners who decide if an item is or isn’t exempt
- Clark & Partners do not make any more or any less money regardless of whether we do or don’t charge you VAT
- Any details you provide are private and strictly confidential
- If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, and we are then obliged to charge you the full VAT on the whole of your order
- Not all products are eligible for VAT relief, and we are obliged to charge VAT for those products that are not exempt, even if you complete an exemption form
- For more information from the Government website click here https://www.gov.uk/financial-help-disabled/vat-relief